Thanksgiving is a day to be surrounded by family, sharing in the gratitude and love you feel for one another. Yet, most families feel the stress of preparing a huge dinner that can take all day to cook and lead to a huge grocery bill. That is why a lot of families in Orange County are choosing to dine out this holiday season. It is the perfect way to enjoy your family time without the stress of cooking and cleaning up.
From a small party of two to a larger family group of twenty, these restaurants will give you a Thanksgiving feast to remember.
- Five Crowns: Known for its famous prime rib, during Thanksgiving you can dine on a special menu: roast turkey, traditional side dishes, or prime rib or seafood specialties.
Address: Five Crowns, 3801 E. Coast Hwy., Corona del Mar, 949.760.0331 lawrysonline.com
- Del Frisco’s Grille: Sit back and enjoy a prix fixe menu that starts with butternut squash soup or a scrumptious salad. For dinner, you can savor a turkey dinner with all the trimmings as well as non-traditional sides. For dessert, indulge in pumpkin cheesecake or pecan pie.
Address: 772 Spectrum Center Dr., Irvine, 949.341.0376 delfriscosgrille.com
- Taps Fish House & Brewery: This is not your ordinary buffet. With a tremendous selection of carving stations, fresh seafood selections, desserts, and sides, you will have no problem filling up on non-traditional holiday fare. If you are craving the classic dinner, you can order turkey with all the fixings.
Address: 101 E. Imperial Hwy., Brea, 714.257.0101; 13390 Jamboree Rd., Irvine, 714-619-0404 tapsfishhouse.com.
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar: Their famous Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake is enough to convert any traditionalist on Thanksgiving. For the holiday, enjoy their prix fixe menu starting with the lobster bisque or house salad, then choose among the turkey leg, filet mignon, or sliced turkey with sides for your meal. The full dinner menu is also available.
Address: 455 Newport Center Dr., Newport Beach, CA 92660, 949.720.9633 flemingssteakhouse.com
- Pasea Hotel & Spa: In the mood to try something unique? Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner with an ocean view! The hotel will host the Second Annual Food Coma in the Blue Room, which includes a buffet station and oyster bar.
Address: 21080 Pacific Coast Hwy., Huntington Beach, CA 92648, 855.622.2472 Pasea Hotel & Spa website
- Fashion Island Hotel: Instead of the traditional Thanksgiving dinner, gather your family during the day for a Thanksgiving brunch. The Oak Grill will be hosting an extravagant brunch from 11 am to 3 pm and will include live entertainment and a photo booth. The brunch will include traditional holiday fare, a seafood and breakfast station, sushi, and more.
Address: 690 Newport Center Dr., Newport Beach, CA 92660, 949.706.5466 https://www.fashionislandhotel.com/holidays/
- Orange Hill Restaurant: Another daytime buffet is at the famous Orange Hill Thanksgiving Day Champagne Buffett. Enjoy your bottomless mimosas from 10 am to 3 pm, and delight in crab legs, prime rib, turkey, and a huge selection of gourmet sides and desserts. Dinner is also an option, with their prix fixe menu from 5 to 9 pm.
Address: 6410 East Chapman Ave., Orange, CA 92869, 714.997.2910 www.orangehillrestaurant.com/
- The Montage, Laguna Beach: If you are looking to experience an epicurean menu, then look no further than The Loft Thanksgiving: a four-course, holiday tasting menu. The tasting menu includes selections such as butternut squash and fuji apple soup, pan roasted sea scallops, rib eye steak, black cod, turkey with cornbread-sage stuffing, and classic pumpkin pie.
Address: 30801 S Coast Hwy., Laguna Beach, CA 92651, 949.715.6420 www.montagehotels.com
- Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant: For a casual and fun family affair, head to Knotts Berry Farm and delight in their famous fried chicken. The restaurant is offering bottomless Boysenberry mimosas and all the Thanksgiving classics, such as turkey, stuffing, pies, and more.
Address: 8039 Beach Blvd., Knott’s Berry Farm, Buena Park, CA 90620, 714.220.5055 www.knotts.com
- The Backyard at Hotel Irvine: For an interactive and playful Thanksgiving feast, look no further than The Backyard. Enjoy family entertainment such as lawn games, a petting zoo, live music, a photo booth, and face painting. The feast includes a carving station, a seafood station, a dessert station, a special kids’ buffet–and a breakfast station to boot!
Address: 17900 Jamboree Rd, Irvine, CA 92614, 877.614.2137 www.hotelirvine.com